Korean Government Scholarship Program 2011 – 2012
Every year, Ajou University is admitting KGSP(Korean Government Scholarship Program) foreign students for undergraduate and graduate programs through the GKS(Global Korea Scholarship) program. NIIED, National Institute for International Education, annually selects the available universities which can accept scholarship students.
- To provide international students with the opportunity to conduct advanced studies of undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchange in education and mutual friendship between countries.
Available fields and universities
Undergraduate course: 4-year courses at designated universities
– University transferring is not allowed. (e.g. Starting studies at the junior year is not allowed.)
Graduate course: Master’s and Ph.D. Courses at general graduate schools of Korean universities
Total Candidates for Selection in 2010
150 persons(undergraduate course), 550 persons (graduate course)
Korean Language Training
Grantees are required to take Korea language training courses within 1 year at the language institution placed on the domestic universities. (Except for those who reach a certain level of Korean language fluency.)
1) Both the applicant and his/her parents must possess the citizenship of the country of origin.
– Applicants should not be a holder of Korean citizenship.
2) Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in foreign country for a long time.
3) Applicants who have never enrolled in the same KGSP course.
4) Should be under 25 years of age as of the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
5) Should be under 40 years of age as of the date of entrance. (Graduate)
6) Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of elementary, middle and high school courses as of the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
7) Hold a Bachelor degree or a Master’s degree as of the date of arrival. (Graduate)
– Person who have already registered at a Korean university can not apply.
Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended or have earned top 10% of G.P.A. among classmates. (Undergraduate)
9) Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution. (Graduate)
More Info :